London’s weather may be gloomy and dark but London Fashion Week has clearly proven over and over again that there is nothing bleak about British talent: established designers like Peter Pilotto, Mary Katrantzou, Roksanda have always proven that Londoners live in technicolour. Newer designers on the block such as JW Anderson are taking their creativity further by combining colour with sculptural details and volume.
Fashion show goers tend to blend into that creative and upbeat spirit by dressing up in textural outfits that scream colour and print. These same fashionistas who usually stick to muted neutral palettes see colour in a totally different way under the London sky.
To dress like a London Fashion Week Fashionsita you need several components:
- A printed skirt or dress in a wild colour palette
- If prints do not make you feel comfortable, a sculptural skirt by JW Anderson or Westwood
- Chunky ankle boots worn WITHOUT black tights
- Sculptural tops with either an assymetric collar or bell sleeves, we think Ellery’s bell-sleeved tops are just the perfect statement
- Fun and irreverent accessories in shiny glossy materials and bold colours by Marni and Roksanda
- Either a coloured faux fur jacket by Shrimps or a wrap cashmere coat to balance out the prints underneath
- Cat eye sunglasses in a variety of materials and lenses
- The new Chloe Hudson bag with coloured tassels, the only IT bag of the London Fashion Week set
Not everyone has to be a fashionista or blogger to dress for London Fashion Week, but you can shop our carefully edited outfits and add a splash of colour to your life:
We have compiled the best edit of directional colourful fashion, worthy of the most famous London Fashion Week Fashionistas: