You can always count on Italians for flamboyance, exuberance and sheer luxe. This past week Milan shows sent out a very clear message: the Seventies were back and so were bold colours and textures.
There are several key items to nail if you want to start shopping ahead of next Autumn season:
- Forget about crop pants and culottes, the only line to follow is a long and lean one; trousers with a high waist and leg flare in a riot of bold colours such as pink, red and purple
- Geek chic is back with a vengeance, the only way to dress from the top is with a pussy bow silk blouse, either colour coordinated with trousers or in plain black or white sheer chiffon as seen at Gucci and Philosophy
- Sequins are the latest way to shine, incorporate sequin details in dresses or trousers or even tops. The more colourful they are the better!
- Wear a bomber jacket with either a maxi skirt or tailored dress trousers
- Invest in a military coat with a long line in either neutrals or bold plum or burgundy colour
- Colour blocking and stripes are necessary to brighten up your winter days and beat the winter blues
Shop our pick of Milan Fashion Week style, a full season ahead!